Applications for MSP's Grant Program Now Open
Applications are now being accepted for MSP’s Grant Program. In its ninth year, this program provides monetary support for activities that advance the mission of the MSP. Successful grants will enhance work in areas such as membership involvement, political action, improving working conditions, internal organizing, coalition building and addressing diversity issues. Funding can be used to support events and campaigns, as well as research projects.
A 3-5 page application for projects must be received no later than March 30th, 2019. All projects are to be completed by May 1st, 2020 and a 6 month status report must be received by Dec 1st, 2019. Upon completion of the project, MSP must be notified and it must be discussed how the results of the project are to be disseminated to the MSP membership. Possible examples of dissemination would be a report at a membership meeting or an article in the MSP newsletter.
Complete applications will include:
- Your name, title and department
- A description of the activity the grant will support
- Explanation of how the activity specifically advances MSP goals
- An itemized budget that clearly shows how requested funds are to be used.
- Plans for publication and/or dissemination of the results
Please send complete applications to email@example.com by March 30th, 2019. Applicants will be notified of decisions no later than May 1st, 2019.
Grants will be reviewed by a committee of MSP members appointed by MSP officers. Successful grant recipients are expected to serve on the MSP grant committee at least once.
MSP Grant Timelines for 2018-2019 Academic Year:
- March 30th, 2019: Applications due to MSP
- May 1st, 2019: Applicants are notified by committee if project is funded
- Dec 1st, 2019: Status reports for funded projects are due to MSP
- May 1st, 2020: Deadline of notice to MSP of funded project’s completion and plans for publication/dissemination
For a list of previously funded grants, please visit our grant page.